India's Tallest ATC Tower
- 03 Sep 2019
- 1 min read
Recently, the Minister Civil Aviation inaugurated the Delhi Air Traffic Service Complex, which is the tallest Air Traffic Control (ATC) tower in the country.
- At a height of 102 meters, the tower enables air traffic controllers to have better visibility of all the three runways of Indira Gandhi International airport (India's busiest airport).
- The tower is expected to enhance the safety and the efficiency of air transport management services.
- The new facility opens the possibility for independent parallel approach.
- This allows for simultaneous landings from the same direction on parallel runways which will further increase the capacity of the airport.
- Apart from the height of the tower, it is also equipped with sophisticated radar and other state-of-the-art communication systems.
- Air Traffic Control is the ground-based personnel and equipment concerned with controlling and monitoring air traffic within a particular area.