- 06 Feb 2019
- 2 min read
Prince of Monaco Albert II came to India on his first official visit.
- During the visit, a number of agreements were signed which includes:
- Cooperation on the environment, climate change, renewable energy.
- Establishing linkages especially in infrastructure development
- Visa waiver for diplomatic passport holders of Monaco
- Scope for business cooperation
- Both sides also decided to step up cooperation in the field of ocean resources and urban affairs (including Smart Cities).
- The visit of Prince Albert II of Monaco provided an opportunity for the two sides to review progress in bilateral cooperation and discuss ways to further expand the partnership in areas of mutual interest.
- The Principality of Monaco and India officially established diplomatic relations on 21 September 2007. However, Consular Relations between the Principality of Monaco and India have existed since 30 September 1954.
- Monaco is a city-state situated in Southern Europe, on the Mediterranean coast.
- Monaco is spread over 2 km2 and is second smallest country in the world after Vatican City.
- Monaco’s government structure is a hereditary constitutional monarchy, governed by the Constitution established on December 17, 1962.
- The executive power rests under the high authority of Prince Albert II, Sovereign Prince of Monaco.