Important Facts for Prelims (July 16th, 2018)
- 16 Jul 2018
- 1 min read
Golden Jackal faces threat in its habitat
- Destruction of mangrove cover in the Bandar Reserve Forest is forcing the golden jackal (Canis aureus) out of its habitat, triggering a conflict with the local communities.
- Several golden jackals have been spotted out of their habitats.
- The conservation status of the animal as classified by IUCN is the ‘least concern’ and it preys on wild crab and fish.
Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagrik
- Ministry of Civil Aviation launched the Regional Connectivity Scheme “Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagrik” in 2016.
- It is an innovative scheme to develop the regional aviation market.
- The scheme will create affordable yet economically viable and profitable flights on regional routes so that flying becomes affordable to the common man even in small towns.
- The scheme envisages providing connectivity to un-served and underserved airports of the country through the revival of existing air-strips and airports. The scheme would be in operation for a period of 10 years.