Important Facts for Prelims (7th January 2019)
- The India meteorological department (IMD) has issued an orange warning for the Andaman and Nicobar islands as cyclonic storm Pabuk is approaching the archipelago.
- It originated over the Gulf of Thailand.
- An “orange” weather warning means people should “be prepared” and there is an increased likelihood of bad or extreme weather, which may disrupt road and air travel and threaten life and property.
- The only typhoon ever known to have hit Thailand was Gay (in November 1989).
- It has been named by Laos.
|Stage of warning
|Post landfall outlook