Important Facts for Prelims (27th November 2018)
- 27 Nov 2018
- 5 min read
- A centralized electronic platform named “PAiSA – Portal for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access”, has been launched by Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs.
- The web platform has been designed and developed by Allahabad Bank which is the Nodal bank.
- The portal will process interest subvention (subsidy offered on interest rate) on bank loans to beneficiaries under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM).
- Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) of subvention on monthly basis under DAY-NULM will give the necessary financial support to small entrepreneurs in a timely manner.
- PAiSA is aimed to connect directly with the beneficiaries, ensuring that there is greater transparency and efficiency in delivery of services.
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) under Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs aims to reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households by enabling them to access gainful self-employment and skilled wage employment opportunities.
- Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) inaugurated four-day festival, 'Hausla 2018'.
- It is a national festival for children living in Child Care Institutions (CCIs) to provide them a platform to showcase their skills and realise their hidden talents.
Korean Wrestling in UNESCO’s Intangible Cultural Heritage List
- UNESCO has accepted a joint bid by North and South Korea and granted Intangible Cultural Heritage status to Korean wrestling.
- The two countries had initially filed separately, but then decided to try a joint approach.
- The ancient sport is known as ‘Ssirum’ in the North Korea and ‘Ssireum’ in the South Korea.
- Competitors win by making any part of an opponent's body above the knee touch the ground.
- The joint bid marks a highly symbolic step on the road to inter-Korean reconciliation.
- Constitution Day also known as Samvidhan Divas, is celebrated on 26 November every year to commemorate the adoption of Constitution of India.
- On 26 November 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India adopted the Constitution of India, and it came into force on 26 January 1950.
- Constitution is the country’s supreme law and not only defines the framework of the basic political principles, but also establishes what the different government institutions should do in terms of procedure, powers and duties.
- Constitution of India is the longest written constitution of any country in the world.
- Tawang Monastery is located in Tawang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Known in Tibetan as Gaden Namgyal Lhatse, it was built according to the wishes of the 5th Dalai Lama, Ngawang Lobsang Gyatso.
- However, it was founded in 1680-81 by a monk named Merag Lodre Gyatso of the Gelugpa sect (Tibetan Buddhism) after the 4th Dalai Lama gave him a painting of goddess Palden Lhamo to be kept in the monastery.
- Tibetan Buddhism is the major religion of Tibetans around the world. It covers the teachings of Mahayana Buddhism along with Tantric and Shamanic rituals, and is in some part influenced by Bon, the ancient, indigenous religion of Tibet.
- An eight-metre high gilded statue of Lord Buddha dominates the sanctum of the monastery.
- It is the largest monastery in India and second largest in the world after the Potala Palace in Lhasa, Tibet.
- The 4th edition of annual “Aadi Mahotsav”, a National Tribal Festival organized by Ministry of Tribal Affairs in association with TRIFED and Ministry of Culture will be held from 16-30 November, 2018 at Dilli Haat.
- The theme of the festival: Celebration of the spirit of tribal culture, craft, cuisine and commerce.
- Article 46 of the Constitution of India lays down that the state shall promote with special care the educational and economic interests of the weaker sections of the people and in particular of the scheduled tribes and shall protect them from social injustice and all forms of exploitation.
Tribal Co-operative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED)
- It was founded in 1987. It is a national-level apex organization functioning under the administrative control of Ministry of Tribal Affairs.