Important Facts for Prelims (19th July, 2018)
- 19 Jul 2018
- 4 min read
U R Rao Satellite Centre
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has roped in three partners to help URSC produce three small to medium satellites each year, or a total of 27 spacecraft by July 2021.
- The three partners are Alpha Design Technologies P Ltd and its six consortium members; with defence public enterprise Bharat Electronics Ltd, and with Tata Advanced Systems Ltd.
- U R Rao Satellite Centre (URSC), Bengaluru, is the lead centre for building satellites and developing associated satellite technologies.
- These spacecraft are used for providing applications to various users in the area of Communication, Navigation, Meteorology, Remote Sensing, Space Science and interplanetary explorations.
Global Entry Programme
- Global Entry Programme (GEP) is a program of the United States under its Homeland Security Presidential Directive-6 (HSPD-6) Agreement.
- The GEP exempts prominent citizens from immigration checks while the HSPD-6 pact allows sharing of terror-related information.
- India and the United States are in the process of firming up a list of terror fugitives and have agreed on the names of individuals to be added to GEP and the HSPD-6 Agreement.
- It is an ambitious treatment target by UNAIDS to help end the AIDS epidemic.
- By 2020, 90% of all people living with HIV will know their HIV status.
- By 2020, 90% of all people with diagnosed HIV infection will receive sustained antiretroviral therapy.
- By 2020, 90% of all people receiving antiretroviral therapy will have viral suppression.
NOTE: Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) are medications that treat HIV. The drugs do not kill or cure the virus rather it inhibits the virus and limits it spread between people.
Udyog Aadhaar Portal
- The Ministry of MSME has set up the Udyog Aadhaar (UA) Portal for online filing of Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) by enterprises located anywhere in the country.
- Earlier, as per the recommendations of Kamath Committee, the Ministry of MSME had prepared a one-page registration form known as UAM - constituting a self- declaration format under which the MSME will self-certify its existence, bank account details, promoter/owner’s Aadhaar details and other minimum basic information required.
- Udyog Aadhaar will enable all enterprises to file and register themselves so that simply by using Udyog Aadhaar Number, they can access other services.
- This step is aligned with the government’s flagship programmes like Digital India, Make in India Mission, Ease of Doing Business etc.
- Lok Sabha Speaker has accepted a notice for a no-confidence motion against the government.
- A notice for a no-confidence motion against a government is accepted only if at least 50 members of the Lower House support it. The Speaker then fixes a date for discussion, followed by a vote.
- When the Lok Sabha passes a no-confidence motion against the council of ministers, all the ministers have to resign including those ministers who are from the Rajya Sabha. Article 75 of the constitution states that the council of ministers is collectively responsible to the Lok Sabha.