Important Facts For Prelims
Switch To Hindi
Important Facts for Prelims (08th October 2018)
- 08 Oct 2018
- 2 min read
- The third edition of Japan-India Maritime Exercise (JIMEX) commenced at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- JIMEX-18 is aimed to enhance interoperability, improve understanding and imbibe the best practices of each other.
- The last edition of JIMEX was conducted in Dec 2013 off Chennai. The conduct of JIMEX-18 after five years is indicative of an upswing in the Indo-Japanese defence relations and the continued efforts of both Governments to work closely to enhance safety and security of the global commons in keeping with ‘rule based order’.
- Japan is also a regular participant in the MALABAR exercise between Indian and US Navies.
- MALABAR-18 was held in Guam in the Pacific Ocean.
India Skills 2018
- The second edition of the nationwide competition organized by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship to identify, recognize, promote and reward the best talents in various skills concluded recently.
- India Skills is the country's biggest skill competition.
- Some of winners of the competition of various trades will be given more training, before they are sent to represent India at the 45th WorldSkills Competition at Kazan, Russia in 2019.
- A number of Divyangs also participated in the competition and the winners will take part at the World level in Abilympics in China. Abilympics (Olympics of Abilities) are vocational skills competitions specifically designed for disabled individuals to enable them to expose their unique talents.