Government launches Niryat Mitra App
- 09 Aug 2018
- 2 min read
Ministry of Commerce and Industry has launched the Niryat Mitra Mobile App which has been developed by the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO), the largest exporters’ organisation of the country.
Niryat Mitra mobile App
- The App provides wide range of information relating to import-export, rates of GST, concessions available for export, fees and the necessary points for reaching markets.
- The app works internally to map the ITC HS code of other countries with that of India and provides all the required data without the users bothering about the HS code of any country.
Note: ITC-HS Codes or better known as Indian Trade Clarification based on Harmonized System of Coding was adopted in India for import-export operations. Indian custom uses an eight digit ITC-HS Codes to suit the national trade requirements.
- Its most important feature is that all information related to the tariff is available.
- The app is available on both Android and on IOS platforms.
- Presently, the app comes with the data of 87 countries.
- The app will help to create export culture in the country and encourage the artisans,cottage Micro,small nad medium enterprises to plan for exports.
- It will furthur increase the Ease of Doing Business and is a step towards Digital India.
The Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO)
- The Federation of Indian Export Organisations represents the Indian entrepreneurs spirit of enterprise in the global market. It was set up in 1965.
- It is an Apex body of the export promotion councils, community boards and development authorities in India.
- It provides the crucial interface between international trading community of India & the Central and State Governments, financial institutions, ports, railways and all engaged in export trade facilitation.
- It serves the interests of over 100000 exporters from every goods and services sector in the country.