Important Facts For Prelims
Exercise Samudra Shakti
- 21 Sep 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
The third edition of maritime exercise ‘Samudra Shakti’ between India and Indonesia will be conducted from 20th-22nd September, 2021 in the Sunda Strait.
- In pursuance of India’s Act East Policy, Exercise ‘Samudra Shakti’ was conceived in 2018 as a bilateral IN-IDN exercise.
- The exercise aims to strengthen the bilateral relationship, enhance mutual understanding and interoperability in maritime operations between the two navies.
- India’s Participation:
- The participating Indian Navy ships Shivalik and Kadmatt are amongst the latest indigenously designed and built multi-role Guided Missile Stealth Frigate and Anti-Submarine Corvette respectively.
- Indian Navy’s Anti-Submarine Warfare capable Long Range Maritime Reconnaissance Aircraft P8I is also participating in the exercise.
- Other Exercises with Indonesia:
- Garuda Shakti (Military Exercise)
- IND-INDO CORPAT, IND-INDO BILAT (Maritime Exercise)
- GARUDA is a bilateral air exercise between India and France.