Birth Anniversary of M.Visvesvaraya
- 16 Sep 2019
- 1 min read
Every year India celebrates Engineer's Day on September 15, the birth anniversary of M.Visvesvaraya.
- He was an engineering pioneer of India whose genius reflected in harnessing of water resources and building and consolidation of dams across the country.
- He was the chief engineer responsible for the construction of the Krishna Raja Sagara Dam in Mysore.
- He was knighted as a Knight Commander of the British Indian Empire by King George V for his contributions to the public good in 1915.
- The design and patent of the automatic weir floodgates is also attributed to Sir M.Visvesvaraya.
- He was conferred India's highest honour, the Bharat Ratna in 1955.