Andhra Pradesh Government Announces Unemployment Allowance Scheme
- 03 Aug 2018
- 2 min read
The government of Andhra Pradesh has launched 'Mukhyamantri-Yuva Nestam', a scheme through which an allowance of Rs 1000 per month will be provided to unemployed youths in the state.
- According to the government, the scheme will benefit around 12 lakhs unemployed youths in the state.
- The Government also plans to offer non-mandatory industry relevant skill development programmes to the eligible beneficiaries under the programme.
- The scheme will cover youths in the age group of 22-35 years and will be extended to all eligible members irrespective of more than one beneficiary in the same family.
- The youths have to be registered in the Smart Pulse Survey (“Praja Sadhikara Survey’) and should possess Aadhaar numbers and other information for authentication (e-KYC).
- Youths who are enrolled under subsidies exceeding Rs. 50,000 towards self-employment projects and those paying provident fund are not eligible under the scheme.
- The allowance will be deposited into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries, same as that of the payment procedure for old age and social security pensions.
NOTE: Praja Sadhikara Survey – Smart Pulse survey or Praja Sadhikara Survey is a State-led survey organized by the Andhra Pradesh government for the identification of beneficiaries for various social sector schemes of the state