Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana (AHVY)
- 27 Jul 2019
- 2 min read
In a written reply to the Lok Sabha, the Union Minister of Textiles mentioned the steps taken by the government to implement the Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana.
Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana
- The Government launched the Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana (AHVY) in the year 2001-2002.
- The scheme was launched with a view to mobilize the artisans into Self Help Groups and training the groups on various aspects of forming and running the community business enterprises for self sustainability of artisans.
- The salient features of the Yojana are as follows:
- Baseline Survey & Mobilization of Artisans
- Design & Technology Upgradation
- Human Resource Development
- Direct Benefit to Artisans
- Infrastructure and Technology Support
- Research and Development
- Marketing Support & Services
Steps taken by the Government
- The Government organized Hastkala Sahyog Shivirs at more than 300 places all over the country for providing Aadhaar linked identity card, marketing facilities, facilitating to artisans through Mudra loan and enrolment of artisans under Pradhan Mantri Jeeven Jyoti Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana and Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana for the welfare of artisans during the Hastkala Sahyog Shivirs.
- The Government has identified and adopted 90 clusters across the country which will also cover aspirational districts, women clusters, weaker section and export potential clusters. The objective is to transform these clusters in a time period of 3 years by ensuring self-sustainment of the Self Help Groups/artisans of these clusters.
- During the current financial year, 2019-20, the Government has taken initiative to organize campaign to educate cluster artisans about the scope of handicraft producer company, its importance for long term sustainable business development for the cluster and motivate prospective artisans/Self Help Groups members to form producer companies in various cluster areas across the country.