Important Facts For Prelims
Invest India Business Immunity Platform
- 25 Mar 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News
Recently, Invest India, under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry has launched the ‘Invest India Business Immunity Platform’.
- The Business Immunity Platform (BIP) is designed as a comprehensive resource to help businesses and investors get real-time updates on India’s active response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
- BIP is an active platform for business issue redressal, operating 24/7, with a team of dedicated sector experts and responding to queries at the earliest.
- Important features of BIP are:
- It keeps a regular track on developments with respect to the coronavirus.
- Provides latest information on various central and state government initiatives, and answers and resolves queries through emails and on WhatsApp.
- Includes frequently asked questions on important aspects like locations of COVID-19 testing and other location-specific information.
- Maps and highlights the response mechanism put in place by leading Indian companies such as sanitation of staff vehicles, disabling biometric attendance systems,usage of video-conferencing and tele-conferencing, developing online solutions and other unique initiatives.
- This platform also provides the ability to join the dots to find matching suppliers with required supplies and for innovators, startups and MSMEs to showcase their solutions
- Invest India is India's national Investment Promotion & Facilitation Agency.
- It was set up in 2009 as a non-profit venture under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- It focuses on sector-specific investor targeting and development of new partnerships to enable sustainable investments in India.
- It partners with substantial investment promotion agencies and multilateral organizations and also actively works with several Indian states to build capacity as well as bring in global best practices in investment targeting, promotion and facilitation areas.