Important Facts for Prelims (26th December 2018)
Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)
- Recently Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has released the year end review of Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) scheme.
- AMRUT along with Smart Cities Mission was jointly planned to transform urban living conditions through infrastructure upgradation.
- AMRUT provides for basic civic amenities like water supply, sewerage, urban transport, parks as to improve the quality of life for all, especially the poor and the disadvantaged.
- AMRUT is aimed at transforming 500 cities and towns into efficient urban living spaces over a period of five years.
- AMRUT is a centrally sponsored scheme with 80% budgetary support from the Centre.