Why In News?
On November 28, 2023, Haryana became the first state in the country to procure 14 crops at MSP.
- The state government has increased the price of sugarcane from Rs 372 to Rs 386 per quintal, which is the highest in the country. Along with this, the government has also announced to give a price of Rs 400 per quintal for the coming year, taking care of the future of sugarcane farmers.
- The state government has sent Rs 85,000 crore to the accounts of 12 lakh farmers in the last 7 seasons under the Meri Fasal Mera Byora portal. Also, 29.45 lakh farmers have claimed insurance of Rs 7656 crore under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
- To ensure that farmers do not face inconvenience in selling their crops, the state government is constructing an international level horticulture market at Ganaur, Sonipat at a cost of Rs 7,000 crore.
- Similarly, the state government is constructing an apple, fruit and vegetable market in Pinjore at a cost of Rs 150 crore. Along with this, the government has spent Rs 1074 crore on the development of new and additional mandis.
- Instead of 1,74,464 acres of paddy cultivation, alternative crops are being cultivated. Under this, the state government has aided Rs 118 crore to farmers at the rate of Rs 7000 per acre. Also, the government has sent Rs 836 crore to the account of millet farmers under the Bhavantar Bharpai Scheme.
- As many as 11,043 farmers have been registered under the natural farming scheme. Natural farming training centres have been started at Gurukul Kurukshetra, Hameti (Jind), Mangiana (Sirsa) and Gharaunda to impart training to them.
- The state government has started canteens in 25 mandis to provide food at Rs 10 per plate through the Atal Kisan Mazdoor Canteen Scheme. 108 mandis of the state have been linked to the National Agriculture Market Portal (e-NAM). Also, farmers' markets have been started in Panchkula, Sector-20 and Gurugram.
- The government is giving a subsidy of Rs 1000 per acre to the farmer to meet the expenditure on crop management.
Why In News?
On November 28, 2023, the Haryana government has decided to implement 14 new projects worth more than Rs 32.69 crore under the Augmentation Rural Water Supply-State Scheme in two districts Fatehabad and Hisar to bring a transformative change in the lives of the rural population of the state.
- The new works under the 'Augmentation Rural Water Supply-State Plan' include laying of remaining sewer lines at an estimated cost of Rs 4.23 crore in the MC area of Narnaund town of District Hisar.
- Apart from this, the estimated cost of construction of canal-based water works Baliala in village Balliala and Bora of Fatehabad district will be Rs 7.23 crore, DI water supply pipeline will be laid in various streets of village Karandi tehsil Tohana district at an estimated cost of Rs 23.32 lakh.
- Construction of independent canal-based water construction work in village Madh of Fatehabad district will be done at an estimated cost of Rs 3.93 crore, expansion of water supply scheme at village Nangal at an estimated cost of Rs 1.04 crore, laying of DI water supply pipeline at an estimated cost of Rs 24.35 lakh in village Dulat, water supply scheme at a cost of Rs 1.54 crore in village Rattakheda.
- Replacement of existing distribution system and repair of water works structures in Village Alawa Lawas of Fatehabad district at an estimated cost of Rs. 2.77 crore, providing independent canal-based water works at a cost of Rs. 3.17 crore in village Birbari, construction of a sump well for assured raw water in village Buwan at an estimated cost of Rs. 1.86 crore.
- Apart from this, providing and laying rising mains, an additional boosting station for Dadupur Dhani at a cost of Rs 1.83 crore, construction of rising main and repair of existing structure of water works in village Dariyapur at a cost of Rs 1.11 crore, modernization of water supply scheme at village Gadli at a cost of Rs 1.34 crore and expansion and boosting of water supply scheme at a cost of Rs 2.11 crore in village Jandali Khurd. Construction of station, repair of water works structures will be carried out.
Switch to Hindi