Why In News?
- On November 28, 2022, according to the information received from the media. The names of 29 police officers and personnel of the state have been recommended by the Bihar government for the President's Medal.
- The names of the police personnel who have been considered eligible for the medal to be given by the President on the occasion of Republic Day have been sent by the Bihar government to the Home Ministry. Among them, special and meritorious service medals have been recommended.
- According to media reports, names of 7 police officers and personnel have been sent for Vishisht Seva Medal and 22 policemen for meritorious service. In the Vishisht Seva Medal category, the names of a total of seven officers include three IPS officers and four second-rank officers.
- The names of IPS officers ADG Ravindran Shankaran, ADG Parasnath and ADG Bachchu Singh Meena and four second-rank officers Vinay Kumar Sharma, Binay Krishna, Dilip Kumar Singh and Ranjit Kumar have been recommended.
- According to media reports, the names of the policemen who have been recommended for the Meritorious Service Medal are Rupesh Thapa, Sanjay Kumar Chaurasia, Sanjay Kumar, Mukhtar Ali, Dhananjay Kumar, Dharmaraj Sharma, Baidyanath Kumar, Alok Kumar, Akshaybar Pandey, Satyendra Kumar, Sikander Kumar, Panchratna Prasad Gond, Alamnath Bhuiya, Devendra Kumar, Santosh Kumar Dixit, Sanjay Kumar Shekhar, Sarwar Khan, Om Prakash Singh, Rasbihari Chaudhary and Vinay Kumar.
- President's medals are given to police personnel twice every year. The names are finalized before Republic Day and Independence Day and the names of the selected policemen are announced. The names are recommended by the state government and central paramilitary forces to the Home Ministry and the screening committee under the ministry reviews it and selects the names for the medals.
Switch to Hindi