Why In News?
According to the information given by the Chhattisgarh Public Relations Department on 28 May 2023, four players from Chhattisgarh have been selected in the Indian team for the Under-18 Asia Cup softball match to be held in Japan, including three players from Bijapur.
- Rakesh Kadti, Sushil Kudiyam and Trilesh Udde are the three players from Chhattisgarh's Bijapur who have been selected in the Indian team for the Under-18 Asia Cup softball match.
- Rakesh Kadti is originally from Awapalli, a remote area of Bijapur, while Sushil Kudiyam Pindumpal is from the hinterland of Bhairamgarh. Trilesh Udde is a resident of Mangapeta Kutru.
- It may be noted that the Under-18 International Soft Ball Asia Cup will be held from June 23 to 26, 2023 in Kochi city of Japan.
- Softball player Rakesh Kadti's father was killed by Naxalites when he was a child and his mother also passed away. At the age of 4, he was handed over to the Children's Home (Tomorrow Foundation) operated by CRPF jawans in Bijapur, where he nurtured his talent in studies as well as in sports. Rakesh Kadti, performing well in softball at Bijapur Sports Academy, has played 8 national games so far, in which he has won 5 different medals. Rakesh is studying in class 9th in government school Bijapur, and he wants to become a softball coach.
- Sushil Kudiyam has also played 5 national games, which is from the hinterland of Bhairamgarh. Trilesh is a senior softball player and is posted as a forest guard in Compassion after his father's death. Trilesh goes to the interiors of Bijapur where he informs the children about Bijapur Sports Academy and at the same time motivates them to move forward in sports.
Switch to Hindi