Chhattisgarh Switch to Hindi
New Rates of Minimum Wages Fixed for Workers
Why in News?
According to the information provided by the Chhattisgarh Public Relations Department on March 28, 2023, the minimum wage rates from April 1, 2023, to September 30, 2023, for workers employed in various scheduled employments based on the consumer price index issued by the Labor Bureau, Shimla, by the Labor Commissioner, Chhattisgarh. have been determined.
- These rates have per month for 45 scheduled, general employment been increased by Rs 20 per day and Rs 260. An increase of Rs 225 per month has been made for the workers working in agricultural employment.
- Similarly, for workers employed in the Agarbatti industry, the price of Agarbatti has been increased by Rs 5.85 per 1,000.
- With the implementation of the fixed rates of minimum wages, now the minimum wage has been fixed at Rs.10 thousand 480 for unskilled laborers Zone 'A', Rs.10 thousand 200 for Zone 'B' and Rs.9 thousand 960 for Zone 'C'.
- Similarly, the semi-skilled laborers will be paid a minimum of Rs 11 thousand 130 for Zone 'A', Rs 10 thousand 870 for Zone 'B' and Rs 10 thousand 610 for 'C'.
- Skilled workers will be paid a minimum wage of Rs 11 thousand 910 for Zone 'A', Rs 11 thousand 650 for Zone 'B' and Rs 11 thousand 390 for Zone 'C'.
- Highly skilled workers will get a minimum wage of Rs 12 thousand 990 for Zone 'A', Rs 12 thousand 430 for 'B' and Rs 12 thousand 170 for Zone 'C'.
- The minimum wage fixed for agricultural laborers will be given to unskilled agricultural laborers at Rs.8,400 per month. Similarly, Rs 32.81 for making one thousand incense sticks in incense rollers and Rs. 33.51 for making scented incense sticks will be paid to the workers for making incense sticks.
Switch to Hindi