Why in News
- According to the recently released data, out of 7933 Gothans built and actively operated in the state, 2201 Gothans have become self-supporting under the 'Garuwa' component of 'Suraji Gaon Yojana', one of the flagship schemes of the Government of Chhattisgarh. Raigad district has a maximum 279 Gothans self-supporting.
- In Mahasamund and Korba districts, 170-170 Gothans have become self-supporting. The self-supporting Gothans have started using the funds available with themselves for the manufacture of vermicompost from the purchase of cow dung.
- It is worth mentioning that in order to promote the conservation and promotion of livestock in the state, the state government has so far approved the construction of Gothans in 10591 villages, out of which the construction of 7933 Gothans has been completed and there is cow dung, Vermi Other income oriented activities are going on including the manufacture of compost.
- At present 2300 Gothans are being constructed at a rapid pace, the work of construction of remaining 358 Gothans is yet to be started. Arrangements have been made for the care, fodder and water treatment of livestock in the Gothans.
- In Raigad district, all the necessary resources were ensured for the Gothan operation. Nodal officers were appointed for monitoring the work of the employees engaged in Gothan. Under the Godhan Nyay Yojana, arrangements were made for the purchase of cow dung and the manufacture and sale of vermicompost. The result of these collective activities was that in Raigad district, a maximum 279 Gothans became self-supporting in the state.
- Along with this, other income oriented activities are being promoted in Gothans through MultiActivity Centers, due to which women groups working in Gothans are generating additional income.
Switch to Hindi