Haryana Switch to Hindi
The Sex Ratio in Haryana has Increased by 57 Points: NFHS-5
Why in News
- Recently, according to the data of National Family Health Survey-5 (2020-2021) released by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, an increase of 57 points has been registered in the sex ratio in Haryana.
- According to the National Family Health Survey-4 (2015-2016), the sex ratio at the time of birth of children in the state was 836 and now it has increased by 57 points to 893 in the National Family Health Survey-5 (2020-2021).
- Assistance of volunteers was taken to identify clinical centers etc. to conduct sex determination tests in the state. In this regard, it was decided to give an amount of one lakh rupees as incentive to the informers who give accurate information.
- According to the Civil Registration System (CRS), the sex ratio at birth in Haryana was 871 in December 2014, which increased to 922 in December 2020.
- The Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao campaign, launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in January 2015 from Panipat, Haryana, is showing positive results in the state, which has significantly improved the sex ratio with an increase of 57 points in the last 5 years.
- Since the beginning of this campaign, proactive measures were taken to increase the sex ratio in the state and eliminate the possibility of female feticide completely. Under the Prenatal Diagnostic Techniques (PNDT) and MTP Act, steps were taken on a large scale.
- Apart from this, women players who excel in sports like hockey and wrestling have also made a huge impact in changing the mindset of the people and this has also made it possible to increase the sex-ratio.
- Other initiatives like Ladli, Aapki Beti-Hamari Beti have also played an important role in increasing the sex ratio.
Switch to Hindi