Why In News?
In the meeting of the Council of Ministers held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on September 26, 2023, many other important decisions were taken along with the approval of ‘Mukhyamantri Sambal Khiladi Protsahan Yojana’ and ‘Kayakalp Second Phase Scheme’ for three years.
- The Council of Ministers has approved that the monthly honorarium given to senior and elderly journalists of Madhya Pradesh will be increased from Rs 10 thousand to Rs 20 thousand.
- On the death of a journalist who has received Samman Nidhi, his wife/husband will be given a lump sum amount of Rs 8 lakh.
- For the treatment of journalists themselves or their dependents, the provision of financial assistance for common diseases will be increased from Rs 20 thousand to Rs 40 thousand and for serious diseases from Rs 50 thousand to Rs 1 lakh.
- The condition regarding income tax has also been removed.
- It is noteworthy that keeping in mind the overall welfare and interests of journalists and media representatives working in print media, electronic media and social, digital media, who act as the fourth pillar of democracy, the Chief Minister on September 7, 2023, issued a 'Journalist' Various announcements were made during the 'Samagam'.
- The Council of Ministers approved the new scheme 'Housing Loan and Education Loan Interest Subsidy Scheme 2023' by revising the interest subsidy scheme on housing loans to preferential journalists in Madhya Pradesh, which was earlier implemented in Madhya Pradesh.
- In the new scheme, the maximum loan amount limit has been increased from Rs 25 lakh to Rs 30 lakh. Apart from this, it has also been decided to bear a 5% interest subsidy for 5 years by the state government on the interest payable on the loan taken from the bank for the education of sons/daughters of journalists recognized under the scheme.
- The Council of Ministers also decided that under the 'Health and Accident Group Insurance Scheme for Madhya Pradesh Communication Representatives', the premium amount will be taken from journalists this year also as per the weighted premium rate for the year 2022-23.
- The amount of premium increased by the insurance company will be paid by the state government.
- According to the new provision in this scheme, the state government will bear the entire insurance premium of journalists above 65 years of age and their spouses.
- The Council of Ministers has approved the new capital scheme ‘Kayakalp Second Phase (Master Plan Roads) Scheme’ for three years for master plan roads in the state with special central assistance (Urban Improvement Programme).
- A provision of Rs 1200 crore has been made in the plan for the year 2023-24. The scheme will be implemented by the urban body, development authority, smart city and MP UDC.
- The Council of Ministers approved the implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission by the Public Health Engineering Department.
- To make investment in the IT, ITES and ESDM sector more attractive in the state, the Council of Ministers approved a new policy 'Madhya Pradesh IT, ITES and ESDM Investment Promotion 2023' in place of Investment Policy 2016.
- The Department of Science and Technology has been authorized to issue rules and guidelines for implementation and to make general amendments in the rules and guidelines, remove inconsistencies and explain the provisions.
- With the effectiveness of the new policy, investment possibilities in the state will expand and interested companies will be attracted to invest.
- The Council of Ministers has approved the creation of two new tehsils Ponda and Katangi in Jabalpur, new tehsil Devtalab in district Mauganj and new tehsil Pichor in district Gwalior. Also, approval has been given for the formation of a new sub-division, Porsa, in district Morena.
- For the promotion of women's football, the Council of Ministers has approved Rs 97 crore 3 lakh for running the 'Patron State Programme'.
- For the implementation of the scheme, approval has been given to arrange for football coaches and management from the National Football Federation and to arrange for other support staff etc. from a private agency on an outsourced basis.
- The Council of Ministers approved the 'Chief Minister Sambal Khiladi Protsahan Yojana' under the Labor Department. According to the scheme, 50 thousand rupees will be provided to the members of Sambal Parivar for participating in sports competitions at the national level and 25 thousand rupees will be provided for participating in sports competitions at the state level.
- The Council of Ministers has given post-facto approval to the proposal sent to the Government of India for the construction of a textile park in the state. Approval has been given for the establishment of PM Mitra Park in village Bhainsola, District Dhar, approved by the Government of India.
- MOU executed on May 21, 2023, between the Government of India and the state government for the establishment of the park. Post-facto approval has been given.
- As per the conditions contained in the approval of PM Mitra Park Bhainsola Tehsil Badnawar District Dhar, approval has been given for the formation of SPV, in which the share of the Government of India will be 49 percent and the share of the State Government will be 51 percent. Approval has been given to provide the amount of state government's share in SPV from the departmental budget.
- Providing road, electricity and water facilities to the proposed park and approval to provide leveled, encroachment free land to the master developer through SP PV and the estimated expenditure of Rs 163 crore to be incurred in the construction of the said facility will be borne by the state government from the departmental budget. Approval has been given to do so.
- Electricity distribution license for PM Mitra Park has been approved by the Government of India. SPV has been given permission to purchase power from MPPMCL at Average Power Purchase Cost (APPC) for power supply in PM Mitra Park Bhainsola Tehsil Badnawar District Dhar. It has been approved to provide facilities and assistance to the units to be established in the park as per the prevailing industrial promotion policy.
- The Council of Ministers has approved the overtime pay scale for gazetted officers of Madhya Pradesh State Police Service.
- It was decided by the Council of Ministers that the remuneration of village Kotwars of Madhya Pradesh was increased by 25%.
- In compliance with the announcements made by the Chief Minister in the context of effective implementation of the National Education Policy 2020 and better educational environment in colleges, the Council of Ministers has approved the proposal regarding guest scholars working in the department.
Why In News?
On September 26, 2023, Madhya Pradesh Science and Technology Minister Omprakash Sakhalecha inaugurated the Science Centre at Madhya Pradesh Council of Science and Technology (MPCST).
- Science and Technology Minister Omprakash Sakhalecha said that the basic function of MPCST is to increase interest in science among the public. He said that science is complex, but to understand it easily, it is very important to go towards experimental science and this science center has been built keeping this in mind.
- It is noteworthy that Madhya Pradesh Science and Technology Council, under the Department of Science and Technology, has established this science center in collaboration with IIT Gandhinagar and IIT Indore.
- Under the Science Centre, science, technology, mathematics and technology based workshops and shows as well as daily participatory science-based capacity building and other programs will be organized for teachers and students.
- Dr. Anil Kothari, Director General of MPCST, said that the Science Center at MPCST has been created with the aim of generating interest and future scientists along with doing it yourself as per the need of today through Creative Learning Centre. This will not only increase logic and reasoning in children, but will also contribute significantly to increasing science tourism.
- Through this centre, we will be able to run capacity building programs for students and teachers, there will be daily scientific shows for the public, scientific orientation, construction of various scientific galleries and all this will be free of cost.
Why In News?
On September 26, 2023, Madhya Pradesh's Science and Technology and MSME Minister Omprakash Sakhalecha said that the first bio-technology park of the state will take shape in Amlibhat and Barkheda villages of Javad in Neemuch district. Recently the Madhya Pradesh Cabinet has approved it.
- Science and Technology and MSME Minister Om Prakash Sakhlecha said that this park, to be built at a cost of about Rs 50 crore in about 40 acres of land, will not only be a major center of development with research but will also be a driver of millions of jobs through transfer of technology for industries.
- Minister Sakhlecha described the park as a gift for Neemuch as well as industries, new entrepreneurs etc. of the entire state and said that the park is being set up under the scheme of the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
- This 9th park in the country will provide research-based development technology. This biotech park will also play an important role in the commercialization of biotechnologies.
- The main objective of setting up the park is to promote innovative research and development activities in biotechnology, for which 8 high-level laboratories will be set up. These include phytopharmaceutical and drug discovery laboratory, herbal formulation, plant tissue culture, quality control and quality assurance, microbial biotechnology, molecular biology, bioinformatics and fortified food laboratory.
- The park will prepare incubators, entrepreneurs and innovations of the state for start-ups, so that they will be able to start business in the biotech sector through incubation centers and parks.
- The Biotech Park will be a great platform to promote biotech entrepreneurs, mainly micro and medium scale biotech entrepreneurs, in which parks and biotech incubation centers can start biotech start-ups and entrepreneurs' biotech product companies through the partnership of public enterprises. Skill training will also be provided under the park, and it will also provide many employment opportunities.
Why In News?
On September 26, 2023, Madhya Pradesh Water Resources, Fishermen Welfare and Fisheries Development Minister Tulsiram Silavat performed the Bhoomi Pujan of the Aqua Park and Research Center to be built on about 4 acres of land at a cost of Rs 25 crore in Bhadbhada Fisheries Area, Bhopal.
- With the financial support of the Centre, Aqua Park is being established with the aim of showcasing aquatic creatures, studying their life and promoting tourism related to it.
- On this occasion, Minister Tulsiram Silavat said that Madhya Pradesh is a leader in fisheries and is first in the country in making credit cards for fishermen. Balaghat district of the state is the first in the country in fish production.
- Minister Silawat said that there is a plan to build buildings in all the districts including Bhopal for the fishermen to stay and have food.
Switch to Hindi