Why In News?
In the meeting held on September 26, 2023 to select the post of Chairman of the State Human Rights Commission, retired Patna High Court judge Anant Manohar Badar was unanimously selected.
- Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Legislative Council Chairman Devesh Chandra Thakur, Assembly Speaker Avadh Bihari Chaudhary and Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Vijay Sinha attended the meeting to select the Chairman of the State Human Rights Commission.
- The Chairman of the Legislative Council proposed the name of Anant Manohar Badar. His name was unanimously approved. Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council Hari Sahani was not present in the meeting, but he had authorized the Leader of Opposition in the Assembly to take the decision.
- Anant Manohar Badar was born on 10 August 1961. He started his career as a lawyer in the year 1985 at the Nagpur Bench of the Bombay High Court. He joined the Maharashtra Judicial Service as District Judge in November 2000. Became Additional Judge of Bombay High Court on March 3, 2014. He was transferred to Kerala and then to Patna High Court in May 2020.
Why In News?
According to information received from the media on September 26, 2023, Bihar will host five national games for the first time in the 67th National Games of the School Games Federation of India.
- It is known that the 67th National School Games of School Games Federation of India is going to start in October 2023, which will continue till February 2024.
- In this, four sports, cricket, athletics, football, weightlifting will be held in different playgrounds of Patna and one Sepak Takraw game will be held in Katihar.
- Athletics Under-14 Boys-Girls in Patna in the fourth week of December, Weightlifting Under-17 Boys-Girls in Patna in the fourth week of December, Football Under-17 Girls Patna in the fourth week of December, Cricket Under-17 Boys Patna in January 2024. Sepak Takraw Under-17 and 19 boys and girls will be held in Katihar in the first week of January 2024.
Switch to Hindi