Why In News?
- Bindu Ahuja, Assistant Teacher and Excellence Coordinator, Motilal Nehru Public School, Jamshedpur was honored with 'The Star Educator Awards 2022-Champion of Digital Transformation' by Learning Matters in a virtual ceremony held on September 25, 2022.
- Bindu Ahuja has also received the Microsoft Innovator Award by Microsoft, the Out of Box Thinker Citation by Collins Publishers and the 'Educator Award' by Motilal Nehru Public School in 2022.
- During the Corona pandemic, Bindu Ahuja took the initiative to make teachers, students and parents digitally healthy. Under the guidance of Principal Ashu Tiwari, he started the hi-tech Future Kids Group during the pandemic, which still runs every Sunday for free. This teacher mentor makes students tech-savvy. She prepares students for flip teaching learning.
- He had undertaken several projects at MNPS and one of his projects 'e-Centralized Lesson Planning' was recognized as 'Best Practice' in a competition organized by Tata Education Excellence Programme.
- Bindu Ahuja with hi-tech group provides a multimedia platform with advanced content and trains students in immersive technology, which will provide them with personal and impactful growth.
- It may be mentioned that the Star Educator Award is an effort from Learning Matters to recognize and honor outstanding teachers, educational leaders and citizens who have shown exceptional dedication, commitment and passion for education.
- There were 11 categories for which various teachers and schools from India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia and the Philippines applied. These awards aim to highlight the exceptional work of teachers who are exceptionally creative, champions of digital transformation and impact the community.
Switch to Hindi