Why In News?
- On the occasion of International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking on June 26, 2022, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar released a booklet making public the action plan of the drug-free campaign at a function organized by the Haryana State Narcotics Control Bureau at Harsh Vardhan Auditorium, Madhuban Police Academy, Karnal to make the state drug-free.
- The Chief Minister said that this initiative of the Bureau will prove to be unique for the health and rehabilitation of the youth indulging in drugs. The plan involves identification of a person suffering from intoxication and rehabilitation by giving him proper counselling and medical treatment.
- The plan has developed two apps named 'Prayas' and 'Saathi', which will work to curb the banned medicines. The subject of training has also been added to it.
- He said that 1100 sports nurseries are being created in the state to keep the youth away from drugs and to connect them with creative work, especially sports, which will increase the trend of sports among the youth and create a sense of sportsmanship in them.
- In order to make the state drug free, under the said action plan, Dhakad programme has been started in schools, colleges and universities. Dhakad means a person with courage. Under this programme, a group of five children of the class will be formed, who will identify the child who is lazy, lonely and secretly intoxicated and will report it to the class teacher, i.e. Senior Dhakad. After receiving the information, the senior Dhakad will report to the principal/head master concerned, who will be called the nodal Dhakad.
- For implementation and supervision of the programme, mission teams at state, district, sub-division, cluster and village/ward level will work for counselling, treatment and rehabilitation of the drug addict.
Switch to Hindi