Madhya Pradesh Switch to Hindi
Reward will be Given for Reporting Illegal Use of Electricity
Why in News?
According to the information given by the Madhya Pradesh Public Relations Department on May 25, 2023, the Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company has announced a reward scheme for the prevention of electricity theft. There is a provision to give reward under prescribed conditions for giving information about illegal use.
- If the amount is recovered on the basis of information, 10 percent of the amount will be paid to the successful informer. There is no maximum limit on this amount.
- Regarding illegal use/theft of electricity, apart from the Central Region Power Distribution Company Headquarters and Regional Headquarters, Regional General Managers can also be informed in writing or on telephone.
- It will be the responsibility of the concerned officer to keep the informant's information confidential. The officer-employee of the company will not be considered as an informant.
- The incentive amount will be paid to the informer from the company headquarters. The incentive amount will be deposited directly into the bank account of the informant.
- Two and a half percent amount will also be given as incentive to the departmental officers and employees who prepare the case and recover the amount.
- A vigilance cell has been constituted at the company headquarters for the implementation of this scheme. Information can also be sent to this vigilance cell.
Switch to Hindi