Bihar Switch to Hindi
Three Personalities of Bihar Selected for Padma Shri
Why In News?
On January 25, 2023, the President announced the country's highest civilian awards 'Padma Awards' for the year 2023 on the eve of Republic Day. Among these, three personalities from Bihar have been selected for the Padma Shri award.
- The President has approved the conferment of 106 Padma Awards including three dual cases (in a dual case, the award is counted as one) for the year 2023.
- The list includes 6 Padma Vibhushan, 9 Padma Bhushan and 91 Padma Shri awardees. The list of awardees includes 19 women and 2 persons from the category of Foreigners/NRI/PIO/OCI and 7 posthumous awardees.
- The three personalities from Bihar selected for the Padma Shri award are Subhadra Devi, Anand Kumar and Kapil Dev Prasad.
- Subhadra Devi and Kapil Dev Prasad have been selected for the Padma Shri award for distinguished service in the field of art, while Anand Kumar has been selected for the Padma Shri award for distinguished service in the field of literature and education.
- Subhadra Devi of Madhubani is a Paper Massy artist. He brought this art to the people. At the same time, Kapildev Prasad of Nalanda has given an identity to Bawan Buti art, sarees made from this art are very much liked by him. Super 30 founder Anand Kumar has been a mathematician as well as editor of many national and international level journals.
- Significantly, Padma award is included in the highest civilian awards of the country. The Padma awards are given in three categories - Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri. The awards are announced on Republic Day every year.
- The awards, social work public affairs science and engineering are given in the fields of various disciplines trade and industry, medicine, literature and education, sports, civil service etc/activities such as art.
- 'Padma Vibhushan' is awarded for exceptional and distinguished service, 'Padma Bhushan' for distinguished service of high order and 'Padma Shri' for distinguished service in any field.
- These awards are presented by the President of India in ceremonial ceremonies which are usually held at Rashtrapati Bhavan around March/April every year.
Bihar Switch to Hindi
President's Vishisht Seva Medal to Two Bihar Police Personnel and Meritorious Police Service Medal For 17
Why In News?
According to information received from the media on January 26, 2023, two personnel of Bihar Police have received The President's Distinguished Service Medal and 17 have received the Meritorious Police Service Medal. The Union Home Ministry has issued a notification in this regard.
- This is the third year in a row that no one has received the Police Gallantry Medal from here.
- The recipients of the Vishisht Seva Medal include Vinay Kumar Sharma, SDPO of Neemchak Bathani in Gaya district, and Inspector Vinay Krishna of the Economic Offences Unit (EOU).
- Apart from this, 17 personnel from IG to Havaldar have been awarded the Meritorious Police Service Medal. These include IG (Headquarters) Vinay Kumar and others.
- The list of recipients of this medal includes the largest number of CID and Dumraon-based BSAP (Bihar Special Armed Police) personnel.
- These 17 received meritorious police service medals
- Vinay Kumar, IG (Headquarters), Police Headquarters, Bihar
- Alamnath Bhuiya, Havaldar, Kishanganj
- Awadhesh Kumar Singh, Havaldar, B-SAP - 4, Dumraon, Buxar
- Akshay bar Nath Pandey, Constable, BSAP Headquarters, Patna
- Sanjay Kumar Shekhar, ASI, ATS, Patna
- Santosh Kumar Dixit, ASI, CID, Patna
- Alok Kumar, Constable, SCRB, Patna
- Devendra Kumar, ASI, CID, Patna
- Dharamraj Sharma, Constable, Police Headquarters
- Dhananjay Kumar, Constable - 107, CID, Patna
- Baijnath Kumar, Constable, Kishanganj
- Sanjay Kumar, Constable - 69, CID, Patna
- Mukhtar Ali, Constable - 217, CID, Patna
- Boas Aind, Havaldar, BSAP - 4, Dumraon, Buxar
- Panchratna Prasad Gond, Havaldar, BSAP - 4 Dumraon
- Sikandar Kumar, Havaldar, BSAP - 4, Dumraon
- Satyendra Kumar, Havaldar, BSAP - 4 Dumraon
- Vinay Kumar Sharma, who was awarded Vishisht Seva Medal, is currently posted as SDPO in Neemchak Bathani subdivision of Gaya district. He has been awarded this medal for his outstanding performance during his 28 years of service. Earlier, 2017the Meritorious Police Service Medal in 2018 and the Internal Security Medal in, the Bravery Award in 2019 for outstanding work in the field of Naxalism have been awarded.
Switch to Hindi