Three Personalities of Bihar Selected for Padma Shri
- 27 Jan 2023
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On January 25, 2023, the President announced the country's highest civilian awards 'Padma Awards' for the year 2023 on the eve of Republic Day. Among these, three personalities from Bihar have been selected for the Padma Shri award.
- The President has approved the conferment of 106 Padma Awards including three dual cases (in a dual case, the award is counted as one) for the year 2023.
- The list includes 6 Padma Vibhushan, 9 Padma Bhushan and 91 Padma Shri awardees. The list of awardees includes 19 women and 2 persons from the category of Foreigners/NRI/PIO/OCI and 7 posthumous awardees.
- The three personalities from Bihar selected for the Padma Shri award are Subhadra Devi, Anand Kumar and Kapil Dev Prasad.
- Subhadra Devi and Kapil Dev Prasad have been selected for the Padma Shri award for distinguished service in the field of art, while Anand Kumar has been selected for the Padma Shri award for distinguished service in the field of literature and education.
- Subhadra Devi of Madhubani is a Paper Massy artist. He brought this art to the people. At the same time, Kapildev Prasad of Nalanda has given an identity to Bawan Buti art, sarees made from this art are very much liked by him. Super 30 founder Anand Kumar has been a mathematician as well as editor of many national and international level journals.
- Significantly, Padma award is included in the highest civilian awards of the country. The Padma awards are given in three categories - Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri. The awards are announced on Republic Day every year.
- The awards, social work public affairs science and engineering are given in the fields of various disciplines trade and industry, medicine, literature and education, sports, civil service etc/activities such as art.
- 'Padma Vibhushan' is awarded for exceptional and distinguished service, 'Padma Bhushan' for distinguished service of high order and 'Padma Shri' for distinguished service in any field.
- These awards are presented by the President of India in ceremonial ceremonies which are usually held at Rashtrapati Bhavan around March/April every year.