Why in News
- On the occasion of National Girl Child Day on January 24, 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi honored 61 children of the country with the Prime Minister's National Children's Award for the year 2021 and 2022 in a virtual ceremony as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, in which 8 children are from Uttar Pradesh.
- This year's awardees include 15 boys and 14 girls from 21 states and union territories. These children have been selected from all regions of the country for their exceptional achievements in the categories of Innovation (7), Social Service (4), Educational (1), Sports (8), Art and Culture (6) and Gallantry (3).
- Similarly, among the award winners for the year 2021, 32 children from 21 states/UTs in innovation (9), art and culture (7), sports (7), educational (5), gallantry (3) and social service (1) categories have chosen.
- PMRBP awardees participate in the Republic Day Parade every year. Each awardee is presented with a medal, a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh and a certificate.
- There are three children of Uttar Pradesh honored with the Prime Minister's National Children Award - 2022 - Abhinav Kumar Chaudhary (Social Service), Chandhari Singh Choudhary and Jiya Rai (Sports).
- Similarly, there are 5 children of Uttar Pradesh who have been awarded the Prime Minister's National Children Award - 2021 - Vyom Ahuja (Arts and Culture), Kunwar Divyansh Singh (Gallantry), Chirag Bhansali (Innovation), Mohammad Shoaib (Educational) and Mohammad Rafi (Sports).
- The awardees of PMRBP 2021 and 2022 along with their parents and district magistrates of their respective districts attended the program from the respective district headquarters.
- During the ceremony, the Prime Minister presented digital certificates to 61 winners of PMRBP 2021 and 2022 using blockchain powered technology developed by IIT Kanpur under the National Blockchain Project.
Switch to Hindi