Why In News?
Recently, in a meeting chaired by Additional Chief Secretary of Bihar Education Department Deepak Kumar Singh, it was informed that under the 'Jal-Jeevan-Hariyali Abhiyan', roof top solar power plants have been installed in 1890 government schools of Bihar.
- The roof top solar power plants that have been installed on the roof of these government schools in the state are grid connected.
- Deepak Kumar Singh told that there are 1230 schools in these schools, whose approved power load is two kilowatt peak.
- He said that roof top solar power plants will be installed on the roof of basic schools and Kasturba Gandhi Balika Residential Schools in the districts where Shiksha Bhawan has been constructed.
- Director of Bihar Renewable Energy Development Agency (BREDA) said that it is mandatory to take a three-phase connection in the buildings where the connection of approved electricity load above 15 kW peak is and this connection will be installed.
- It was decided in the meeting that a hybrid solar power plant of 15 kW peak will be installed in the administrative buildings of District Institute of Education and Training (DIET). Apart from this, grid connected roof top power plants will also be installed on other buildings.
- In the meeting, the BREDA Director requested the officers of the Education Department that in schools where there is a connection of less than two kilowatt peak electricity load, the consumer number should be given so that the district agency can be informed.
- It was informed in the meeting that solar power plants will be installed in all schools and other buildings of the Education Department. Apart from this, IIT Patna will set up state-of-the-art science labs in 50 model higher secondary schools of Bihar.
- The Model Science Lab is to be set up in two phases. In the first phase, science labs will be set up in seven higher secondary schools of Patna district at a cost of Rs 1.05 crore and in the second phase, the remaining 43 labs will be set up. At least one model lab must be set up in each district.
Switch to Hindi