Why In News?
On September 24, 2023, Madhya Pradesh Assembly Speaker Girish Gautam inaugurated the eco-park in Rewa.
- Behar Ecotourism and Adventure Park has been constructed in Rewa city between Madhya Pradesh Ecotourism Development Board and Rewa Leisure Private Limited with public participation on DBFOT model.
- This eco-park has been developed on 5.20-hectare land on the island of Bihar River originating from Rewa city.
- This eco park will give new impetus to tourism activities. Employment opportunities will also be created here.
- It is noteworthy that the eco-park built with private capital investment in Rewa on the lines of the metropolis is the first eco-park in the state.
- There is cooperation from the Eco Tourism Board and the Forest Department in the construction of a world class eco-park built in an area of 5.20 hectares, in which the facilities have been developed keeping in mind the national as well as international tourists.
Why In News?
On September 22, 2023, various areas were notified in the Veerangana Durgavati Tiger Reserve of Madhya Pradesh by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India, New Delhi with a view to the conservation and promotion of wild animals.
- In compliance with the condition imposed in the approval given by the Central Government to the Ken-Betwa Link Project, the area of Veerangana Durgavati Sanctuary has been included in the previously notified Nauradehi Sanctuary in District Sagar, Damoh and Narsinghpur.
- Veerangana Durgavati Sanctuary is the seventh tiger reserve in Madhya Pradesh. An area of 1414.00 sq km of tiger reserve has been notified as core area and 925.120 sq km area as buffer area.
- The previously notified eco-sensitive zone of Nauradehi and Veerangana Durgavati sanctuaries and the surrounding forest area have been included in the notified buffer area.
- Since no other new revenue area has been included in this Tiger Reserve, no additional restrictions will be imposed on the local people around the Tiger Reserve. Already notified sanctuary areas or eco-sensitive areas have been included in the Tiger Reserve.
- The establishment of this tiger reserve will increase the ecological services received from these forests.
- Continuous availability of ecosystem services will be ensured, which will provide ecological security for present and future generations.
Switch to Hindi