Why In News?
According to information received from the media on 24 September 2023, the Home Department has approved the creation of Bihar Fire Training Academy located at Anandpur Bihta in the capital Patna.
- Here all the officials and personnel of the fire service will be trained under Bihar Fire Service. The fire fighters of the state will be equipped with modern fire extinguishing techniques.
- Preparations have been started regarding the construction of the academy building and training etc.
- Under Bihar Fire Service Rules, 2021, provision for Deputy Director level Principal has been made in Bihar Fire Training Academy.
- For the design of Bihar Fire Training Academy building, study has been done by sending concerned officials to other states.
Why In News?
On September 24, 2023, Prime Minister Modi flagged off a total of 9 Vande Bharat trains through video conferencing. In which Patna-Howrah Vande Bharat train was also included. The inauguration ceremony was also organized at Patna Junction.
- Vande Bharat train running between Patna and Howrah will connect the two states. This is the second Vande Bharat train running in Bihar.
- Patna-Howrah Vande Bharat departed from platform number 1 of Patna on its maiden journey. On the first day she went to Howrah as an inauguration special.
- The command of this train was handed over to two women loco pilots.
- It will be in regular operation from 26th September. The train will run 6 days a week. There are a total of eight coaches in this train.
- Vande Bharat train will have stops at Patna Sahib, Mokama, Lakhisarai, Jasidih, Jamtad, Asansol, Durgapur, Howrah.
- This train will take one hour less time than Jan Shatabdi to cover the distance from Patna to Howrah.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar laid the Foundation Stone of 55 Schemes for Development Works in Various Cities.
Why In News?
On September 23, 2023, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar laid the foundation stone of 55 schemes in various cities of the state through remote from the Integrated Command and Control Center of the Smart City Building in Patna.
- Under this, there are 55 schemes related to storm water drainage schemes, crematorium cum Mokshadham and drinking water supply in various districts. Rs 2355.96 crore will be spent on these schemes.
- These schemes launched by the Chief Minister in Patna also include 6 storm water drainage and drinking water schemes of Darbhanga, Arrah, Madhepura, Samastipur, Danapur at a cost of Rs 586.44 crore.
- Apart from this, work was also started on 10 storm water drainage schemes in Patna city at a cost of Rs 1283 crore.
- The Chief Minister also laid the foundation stone of 38 schemes of crematorium cum Mokshadham in 38 municipal bodies of 36 districts under Saat Nischay-2.
- These 38 municipal bodies include Sitamarhi, Purnia, Kishanganj, Manihari, Banka Khagaria, Madhepura Araria, Supaul, Darbhanga, Bhabua, Arwal, Rivilganj, Jehanabad, Katihar, Sasaram, Saharsa, Siwan, Sheikhpura, Buxar, Lakhisarai, Muzaffarpur, Behat, Bihar Sharif, Bhagalpur, Motihari Sultanganj, Gopalganj, Gaya, Munger Shivharara, Aurangabad, Bettiah, Hajipur, Jamui, Samastipur and Nawada.
Switch to Hindi