Why in News
- Recently, the Central Government has given in-principle consent for the construction of a new expressway from Gorakhpur to Siliguri, most of which will pass through various districts of North Bihar.
- This expressway will pass through Gopalganj, Siwan, Saran, Muzaffarpur, Sitamarhi, Madhubani, Supaul, Saharsa, Purnia and Kishanganj districts of Bihar.
- Its total length in Bihar will be about 416 km.
- The entire part of this expressway will be greenfield.
- This expressway will be connected with the Gorakhpur-Azamgarh Linga Expressway in Uttar Pradesh, which will make the movement between Uttar Pradesh and Bihar faster and easier.
- With the help of this, business activities will be encouraged between North Bihar, Bengal and Uttar Pradesh, whose benefit will be available to the people of North Bihar.
Switch to Hindi