Why In News?
According to information received from the media on September 21, 2023, the Union Ministry of Tourism has selected Sarmoli village of Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand in the Best Tourism Village Competition. The village will soon be declared the best tourist village of the country.
- According to sources, Kamakshi Maheshwari, the nodal officer of Rural Tourism India of the Ministry of Tourism, has issued a letter to the state informing about the selection of Sarmoli village as the best tourism village of the country.
- It will be officially announced at an event to be held in Delhi on September 27. Also, the village will be given the award for the best tourism village.
- It is known that to promote rural tourism, the Union Ministry of Tourism has started the Best Tourism Village Competition. Sarmoli village near Munsiyari in Pithoragarh district has been selected in this competition at the national level.
- The competition was organized through the Ministry's Central Nodal Agency for Rural Tourism and Rural Home Stay, which received applications from 795 villages from all states and union territories. Sarmoli village was selected as the best tourist village for the better work done at the village level to promote tourism.
- It is noteworthy that Sarmoli village near Munsiyari in Pithoragarh district boasts of its rich culture and natural beauty. Along with environmental protection, the village people have made rural tourism self-employment.
- Tourists come to Sarmoli village for eco-tourism and adventure tourism. The view of Himalayas, Nanda Devi, Rajarambha, Panchachuli, Nanda Kot peaks from here attracts everyone. Home stay in the village is the first choice of tourists.
Switch to Hindi