Why in News
- Recently, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath unveiled the statue of Mihir Bhoj at Mihirbhoj College located in Dadri, Gautam Budh Nagar.
- There is a dispute between the Gurjar and Rajput society regarding Raja Mihir Bhoj, considering him as their ancestor. The travelogue of the Arab traveler Suleiman is important among the historical sources available in the context of Mihir Bhoj being a Gurjar or Rajput. In this, Mihir Bhoj has been described as Jujra i.e. Gurjar.
- Mihir Bhoj was the ruler of the Gurjara Pratihara dynasty in the 9th century, whose empire extended from Multan to Bengal and from Kashmir to northern Maharashtra.
- Mihir Bhoj had made Kannauj his capital. He was a devotee of Vishnu, so in honor of Vishnu, he had assumed titles like Varaha and Prabhas.
- The achievements of Mihir Bhoj have been described in his Gwalior Prashasti inscription.
Switch to Hindi