Why in News
- Recently, the Food Safety Commissioner of Bihar and Patna Smart City Limited jointly started the hygiene audit of the kitchens of all the jails and hospitals of Patna.
- The Eat Smart Challenge was launched by the Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Puri in April 2021.
- 141 cities across the country including Patna have participated in this challenge being jointly organized by Smart City Mission and Food Safety and Standards Authority of India.
- Under the challenge, at least four campuses (educational, office, jail, hospital) where there is a provision for making and feeding food items, their hygiene audit will be done on the basis of 115 parameters.
- 85% marks are mandatory in the audit. On the basis of these marks, the campus is declared as 'Eat Right Campus' by FSSAI.
- The objective of this challenge is to help the urban population make the right food choices and build a healthy and happy nation.
Switch to Hindi