Why In News?
On September 19, 2023, representatives from UNICEF South Asia, including UNICEF India, visited Kondagaon district and praised the innovative plans being made in the district to fight mental health and malnutrition.
- UNICEF India Chief Health Officer Luigi D'aquino along with representatives from UNICEF South Asia Regional Organization René Ehonu Akpini from West Africa, Gunter Bussery from Belgium, Chol Thabo Ayule, UNICEF Chhattisgarh Chief Job Zachariah, UNICEF Chhattisgarh Health Specialist Gajendra Singh observed the programs run by UNICEF in Kondagaon.
- Programs like ‘Maya Mandai’, ‘Anemia Free Kondagaon’ campaign and ‘Yuvodaya Kondanar Champs’ were especially praised by the team. Also, the contribution of the volunteers was appreciated.
- On this occasion, the UNICEF team discussed with the youth and villagers about village health hygiene 'Maya Mandai', nutrition day and anemia free Kondagaon in Bandhapara and Nakapara Anganwadi centers under Keshkal development block.
- He took information from Anganwadi workers, Mitanins and ANMs about the work of vaccination and anemia free Kondagaon. While participating in various programs, he danced to the tune of Bastaria Halbi songs with children and Yuvodaya volunteers.
- During this, he learned about the implementation of the schemes at the ground level. Also discussed the awareness being spread about mental health by volunteers in schools and their contribution to the community.
Switch to Hindi