Why in News?
- On June 22, 2022, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami inaugurated the 15th and 16th Uttarakhand State Science and Technology Congress organized in the Graphic Era.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister also released a book based on the Uttarakhand State Science and Technology Congress and the valuable products of Uttarakhand.
- It is worth noting that last year the Science Congress could not be organized due to Corona epidemic, so the 15th and 16th Science Congress was jointly organized by UCOST.
- Calling upon the scientists and research scholars present in the program, the Chief Minister said that through this program, make resolve a power and move forward with the motto of 'resolve without choice'.
- He said suggestions from all scientists and researchers in the field of 'Science and Technology' are invited to make Uttarakhand a leading state by 2025.
Why in News?
- Kedarnath, Hemkund Sahib and Chandidevi ropeway projects were approved in the 17th meeting of Uttarakhand State Wildlife Board chaired by Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami on June 21, 2022.
- The meeting approved the approval of these three important ropeway projects as well as the referral of them to the National Wildlife Board.
- In this, Kedarnath is 13 km from Sonprayag. Under the ropeway project, 26.43 hectares of forest land is to be transferred, while about 12.5 km from Govindghat to Hemkund. 27.4782 hectare forest land is to be transferred for ropeway project and 0.29 hectare forest land is to be transferred for ropeway project from Har Ki Pauri to Chandidevi in Haridwar.
- In the meeting, approval was given to transfer 7.20 hectares and 3.4214 hectares of forest land respectively for the construction of operational track from Rocky Nav to Muligala and from Sumama Y Junction to Thangla-II falling under protected forest area in Uttarkashi district.
- The meeting also approved land transfer for four motorways to be constructed under Almora district. A proposal for transfer of forest land to 48.895 hectares for the Ring Road to be constructed in Haridwar and 400.89 hectares for the Jamrani Dam Multipurpose Project will also be sent to the National Wildlife Board after approval.
- At the same time, the proposals for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, Power, Hydro, Sub-Mineral Chugan, Industrial Development were approved after discussion.
- It was also decided in the meeting that a Centre of Excellence for Human-Wildlife Conflict Mitigation and a Centre of Excellence for Wildlife Health Will be set up in the state. Apart from this, primary response teams will be formed in collaboration with local communities, who will work on forest and wildlife conservation as well as prevention of forests.
- Guidelines will be made regarding the behaviour of tourists in tiger reserves, protected areas and other tourist forest areas so that sanitation and waste management can be carried out in a better manner.
Switch to Hindi