Why in News?
- On June 21, 2022, the state cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar approved the decision to give a guarantee of Rs 10 thousand crore to the farmers of Bihar on the purchase of wheat and paddy.
- The state government will provide a guarantee of 10,000 crore rupees for procurement of Wheat and Paddy in the financial year 2022-23. This guarantee will be given on borrowing from institutions like commercial banks, NABARD.
- The cabinet has given its approval to give a state guarantee of Rs 10 thousand crore to Bihar State Food and Civil Supplies Corporation as working capital for loans taken at quarterly rate of interest from various financial institutions.
- Thirteen proposals were approved in the meeting. The cabinet gave its approval to spend Rs. 94 crore 5 lakh 54 thousand this year for agricultural mechanization scheme. Under this, the farmers of the state will get up to 80 percent subsidy on various agricultural machines.
- The state government will spend Rs 31 crore for grant on equipment like Happy Seeder, Super Seeder, Straw Baler, Reaper-cum-Binder related to stubble management.
Why in News?
- On June 21, 2022, in the meeting of the state cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, it has been decided to give battery-operated tricycles to the differently-abled studying and employed.
- The Cabinet has given its approval under the Sambal Scheme run under the CM Divyangjan Sashaktikaran Vidyarthi Yojana.
- The Bihar government will distribute 10,000 battery operated tricycles to differently-abled persons across the state in the current financial year. These tricycles will be distributed to the differently-abled on the basis of 'first come, first served'.
- The Handicapped will have to apply online first for the battery tricycle. After this, the committee headed by the DM will select the eligible beneficiaries. 42 crore has been sanctioned for this scheme.
- Additional Chief Secretary Dr. S. Siddhartha said that differently-abled students pursuing graduation and above will get the benefit of this scheme. Students will be able to travel long distances from their home or hostel and easily go to college-university through a battery-operated tricycle.
- Along with this, the Handicapped associated with employment by staying in Bihar have also been included in this scheme, so that they can feed their families by using the battery tricycle.
- Under this scheme, the beneficiary has to be a resident of Bihar. The condition is that he is studying or doing employment by staying in the state. The annual income of the beneficiary's family should not exceed Rs 2 lakh. 60% of the Handicapped aged 17 years and above will get the benefit.
Switch to Hindi