Star marking (1-5) indicates the importance of topic
Why in News
- On September 21, 2021, Director General, Industries and Commerce Department of Haryana, Dr. Saket Kumar inaugurated a two-day ‘Vanijya Utsav’ in Gurugram.
- This state-level ‘Vanijya Utsav’ is being organised by the Department of Industries and Commerce and the Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) working under the Ministry of Textiles of the Central government on the occasion of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- It is worth mentioning that to showcase India's 75 years of economic progress, ‘Vanijya Utsav’ is being organized in all 739 districts of the country from September 21 to 26. At the same time, a two-day state level program is being organized in Haryana.
- On this occasion, Dr. Saket Kumar informed that the Haryana government will set up an Export Promotion Bureau in the state to promote exports, which will provide institutional support to exporters.
- He said that the District Level Export Promotion Committee (DLEPC) has been constituted in every district of the state to facilitate exports. Similarly, a Trade Promotion Committee has been constituted at the state level to review all types of trade-related issues like logistics, agricultural exports and service exports.
- Sharing more information about the facilities and incentives being given to entrepreneurs and exporters in Haryana through a presentation, Dr Kumar added, Haryana is a fast growing economy with an export value of Rs 1,74,572 crore in the year 2020-21.
- Significantly, Haryana is exporting goods to the USA, Saudi Arabia, the UK, Germany, Nepal etc. The main districts which are exporting goods are Gurugram, Panipat, Karnal, Sonipat and Faridabad. Rice, readymade garments, handlooms and handicrafts, automobiles and their components, metal ware, machinery and parts and medicines and pharmaceutical products are mainly being exported from these districts.
Switch to Hindi