Madhya Pradesh Switch to Hindi
Jageshwar Nath Teerth Kshetra in Damoh District as Holy Site
Why in News?
In the cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on 21 March 2023, it was decided to declare Kundalpur Siddha Kshetra and Shri Jageshwar Nath Teerth Kshetra of district Damoh as holy.
- Gram Panchayat Kundalpur for Kundalpur Siddha Kshetra and Gram Panchayat Bandakpur for Shri Jageshwar Nath Teerth Kshetra have been declared as holy areas.
- Apart from this, many other important decisions were taken in the meeting of the Council of Ministers-
- The cabinet gave approval to spend Rs 10 crore and plan for cultural activities of the students under the scheme 'Anugunj' for arts-enriched education.
- Seeing the effect of 'Anugunj', it was decided to organise it at state level, district level and high and higher secondary schools.
- It is noteworthy that in the year 2019, the draft National Education Policy was released by the Government of India. In this, a lot of emphasis has been laid on the quality of education and extra- curricular activities.
- A high quality cultural and theatre programme 'Anugunj' was organised at Bhopal level in the financial years 2019-20, 2020-21 and 2021-22 with the aim of enriching education through the medium of STEAM education system (Way Forward).
- The cabinet decided to give a grant of Rs 7 crore to Madhya Bhartiya Hindi Sahitya Sabha through Collector Gwalior by the Culture Department for the construction work of Hindi Bhavan. Under the first supplementary estimate of the financial year 2022-23, a budgetary provision of Rs 2 crore will be given to the Central Indian Hindi Sahitya Sabha for the new scheme '9904- Assistance for the construction of Hindi building'.
- The cabinet approved creation of a new subdivision Prithvipur in district Niwari. The new section will include the entire area of Tehsil Prithvipur. Along with this, the entire area of Tehsil Niwari and Tehsil Orchha will be included in the original subdivision Niwari.
- The cabinet decided to constitute a new tehsil Amayan in district Bhind. A new tehsil will be formed by excluding 64 villages of the existing tehsil Mehgaon and including them in the new proposed tehsil Amayan.
- The cabinet decided to constitute a new tehsil Dudhmaniya in district Singrauli. A total of 34 patwari circles of tehsil Chitrangi will be included in the new tehsil.
- The cabinet approved the formation of new tehsil Bandri in district Sagar. A total of 28 Halkas of Tehsil Malthone will be included in the new Tehsil.
- With the aim of improving health services in the state, the cabinet approved the establishment/upgradation of 184 health institutions (10 civil hospitals, 6 community health centres, 11 primary health centres, 157 sub-health centres).
- The cabinet has given approval for formation of 9 new project implementation units by Madhya Pradesh Jal Nigam. Along with this, various posts were also approved for 15 currently working and 9 new project implementation units to be formed.
Switch to Hindi