Why In News?
On September 20, 2023, Agricultural Production Commissioner Manoj Kumar Singh informed that Didis associated with self-help groups of Livelihood Mission will run canteens in industrial areas.
- After assuming the responsibility of running canteens for patients, attendants and others at community health centers in Uttar Pradesh, the Didis associated with self-help groups of Livelihood Mission will now run canteens in industrial institutions as well.
- For this, there will be an agreement between Uttar Pradesh State Industrial Development Authority (UPSIDA) and Uttar Pradesh State Rural Livelihood Mission. Under this scheme, UPSIDA will provide suitable space for the canteen for the self-help group sisters.
- 150 cluster canteens will be opened in 25 districts of the state by UPSIDA and Livelihood Mission. These cluster canteens will be on the lines of branded food chains, where special food items made by Didis will be sold.
- 8 to 10 Didi's will get employment in a cluster canteen. These canteens will open in cities, where there is more footfall of people.
- Didi's will take full responsibility of the operations. In these canteens, employees and workers working in industries will get home-like food items at reasonable prices.
- According to C. Indumati, Director of Livelihood Mission, the canteen will open soon in Kanpur Industrial Estate. Apart from this, studies are being done to open canteens in industrial estates of cities like Aligarh, Varanasi, Mathura etc.
Switch to Hindi