Why In News?
- On September 19, 2022, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami laid the foundation stone of the proposed 110 meter span double lane motor bridge over Kali river between India-Nepal at Malla Charchhum, Dharchula.
- At the same time when Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami laid the foundation stone of the proposed motor bridge at Charchhum, at the same time, Nepal's Commerce Minister Dilendra Prasad Badu also laid the foundation stone.
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that this bridge would be ready within a year. This bridge will be built at a cost of 32 crore 98 lakh 40 thousand rupees.
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that this bridge will be the second motor bridge in Uttarakhand after Gadatta post between India and Nepal to be built at Chhachhum. All types of vehicles, small and big, can ply on this bridge.
- With the construction of this bridge, the traffic between India and Nepal will be easy. This will increase trade relations between India and Nepal. Local people will benefit by increasing tourism and trade in the area.
Why In News?
- On September 19, 2022, Uttarakhand Transport Minister Chandan Ramdas told the media that the government would impose green cess on vehicles coming to Uttarakhand from other states. A proposal is being prepared for this, which will be brought in the cabinet meeting soon.
- Transport Minister Chandan Ramdas said that one percent green cess will be levied on vehicles coming to Uttarakhand from other states. This cess will be used for road safety works. This will increase revenue, which will strengthen road safety.
- The transport department collects entry tax from commercial vehicles coming from outside, but now one percent green cess will be charged from commercial and private vehicles. For this, the Transport Department is preparing software.
- He said that the green cess will be such that it does not put too much burden on the public. This cess will be levied on all vehicles coming from other states except two-wheelers and tractors.
- This green cess will be levied based on high security number plates of vehicles. For this, Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras have been installed at all check posts. With the help of these cameras, the tax of every vehicle entering the border of Uttarakhand can be checked. Based on this, recovery will be made. Wide publicity will also be done for Green Cess.
Switch to Hindi