Why In News
The Pandit Lakhmi Chand State University of Performing and Visual Arts, Rohtak (Amendment) Bill, 2023 was passed in the budget session of the Haryana Legislative Assembly on March 20, 2023. According to the passed bill, now the word Dada will be used in place of Pandit in front of the name of Pandit Lakhmi Chand State University of Performing and Visual Arts, Rohtak.
- Rohtak-based Pandit Lakhmi Chand State University of Performing and Visual Arts will now be known as Dada Lakhmi Chand State University of Performing and Visual Arts.
- Similarly, the Haryana Urban Area Development and Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2023 was passed in the Assembly. In order the Transferable Development Rights (TDR) management system, some amendments have been made in the to streamline the online operation of 1975 Act.
- Clause (n-2) of section 2 has been amended to make it possible to sell and transfer TDR certificates through sale, trade, auction mechanism and to rectify the inadvertent restriction on the geographical location of the buyer.
- In addition, the Haryana School Education (Amendment) Bill, 2023 was introduced in the House. The Bill will be discussed in detail in the House.
- Pandit Lakhmi Chand State University of Performing and Visual Arts, Rohtak came into existence on August 5, 2014, through Haryana Act No. 24 by integrating four government technical institutions, namely State Institute of Fine Arts (SIFA), State Institute of Design (SID), State Film and Television Institute (SIFT) and State Institute of Urban Planning and Architecture (SIUPA).
- The University was established, fine arts, film and television, to focus on new fronts of design urban planning and architecture, as well as to facilitate and encourage study and research in emerging areas of higher education and to achieve excellence in these and related fields.
- These four institutes 240 students with an annual intake capacity of were started in the year 2011 and were affiliated to Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak. The state government was providing 100 percent grant assistance to these institutions.
- In view of Pandit Lakhmi Chand's popularity as Dada Lakhmi Chand, now the government has decided to rename the university as Dada Lakhmi Chand State University of Performance and Visual Arts, Rohtak.
Switch to Hindi