Star marking (1-5) indicates the importance of topic
Why in News
- Recently, in order to protect the cultural heritage of Ganga, the study of traditional perfume industry, gutta, religious places, ghat in the perfume city 'Kannauj' was done by the central team.
- From the year 2019, the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Central Government is implementing the Namami Ganga Cultural Documentation Project under the Namami Ganga Project with the aim of preserving the natural, architectural and intangible heritage located up to a distance of 51 km on both the banks of the river Ganga.
- Namami Gange Project is a flagship project launched by the Central Government in the year 2014, with the main objective of reducing pollution of river Ganga and rejuvenation of river Ganga.
- It is being implemented by the National Mission for Clean Ganga, which is the implementing arm of the National Ganga Council.
- Kannauj, also known as the perfume city of India, was the capital of King Harshavardhana, the ruler of the Pushyabhuti dynasty, in the 7th century. For this, the address 'Mahodya Shri' has been used by Banabhatta. After the death of Harshavardhana, Kannauj became the center of tripartite struggle between the Palas, the Pratiharas and the Rashtrakutas.
Switch to Hindi