Chhattisgarh Switch to Hindi
Important Decisions Taken in the Meeting of the Council of Ministers
Why in News?
- Important decisions were taken in the meeting of the Council of Ministers on March 17, 2023, under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel in the committee room located in the assembly premises.
- The draft of the Chhattisgarh Media Personnel Security Bill-2023 was approved.
- The draft of the Chhattisgarh Land Revenue Code-1959 (Amendment) Bill 2023 was approved.
- The draft of the Leasehold Rights Bill-2023 was approved for the homeless people of Chhattisgarh urban areas.
- The draft of the Chhattisgarh Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Bill-2023 was approved.
- Chhattisgarh Naxalism eradication policy was approved.
- The draft of the Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly Member Salary, Allowances and Pension (Amendment) Bill-2023 was approved.
- To enhance the quality of education in Chhattisgarh, the Education Department has been authorised to implement the World Bank Project- Chaak worth about Rs 2500 crore and the Finance Department has been authorised to give final approval to the loan.
- It has been decided that MS. Akarshi Kashyap (Durg), The Silver Medalist of Commonwealth Games-2022 (held in Birmingham) will be appointed as Deputy Superintendent of Police (Class II Gazetted).
- It was decided to create a new post of Officer on Special Duty at Police Headquarters, Chhattisgarh, Nava Raipur on a temporary basis for a period of one year.
Uttarakhand Switch to Hindi
Uttarakhand's New Tourism Policy Approved
Why in News?
- According to information received from the media on March 17, 2023, the government has approved a new tourism policy to increase tourism investment in Uttarakhand. In this, to take advantage of investment promotion in the tourism sector the minimum limit of the project cost has been made five crore rupees.
- With the new tourism policy of the state, new tourist places will be developed to promote investment. Under the policy made for tourism investment, the cities of the state have been separated into three categories. In these, up to 50 percent subsidy will be given by the government for investing in unexplored places from the point of view of tourism.
- Apart from this, 100 percent subsidy will be given on investment in Heli tourism, Caravan tourism, Adventure, Cab operator (electric vehicle). With this promoting tourism activities, new employment opportunities will also be created.
- These are the three categories of cities -
- Category-A: Haridwar, Nainital and Udham Singh Nagar, Dehradun, Ranikhet, Almora Tehsils.
- Category-B: Remaining area of district Almora, Kalsi, Chakrata and Tuni tehsils of Dehradun district, Garud of Bageshwar, Kotdwar, Lansdowne, Yamkeshwar and Dhumakot tehsils of Pauri district, Dhanaulti and Narendranagar tehsils of Tehri Garhwal.
- Category-C: Uttarkashi, Chamoli, Champawat, Rudraprayag, Pithoragarh, remaining areas of Bageshwar district, Pauri and remaining areas of Tehri district which are not included in Category-B.
- Under the new policy, the government will give subsidies on capital investment on the basis of category. इIn this, 25 percent subsidy will be given in category-A areas, 35 percent in selected areas in category-B and up to 50 percent subsidy will be given for investment in the tourism sector of category-C areas.
- 100% exemption in stamp duty will be given on investment in the tourism sector. Apart from this, an incentive amount will be given for marketing promotion, skill training and waste management. In order to attract foreign tourists, a provision was made to give attractive incentives for Heli tourism.
- Financial incentive will be given for investment in Helium, Hot Air Balloon, Billips, Cab Operator, Helicopter, Water Plane, Caravan, Motor House, Cruise Boat, House Boat, Yacht, Adventure Trekking, Rock Climbing, Water Sports, Vote Race, Skating, Fishing, Aero Sports, Ropeway, Hotel and Resort with at least 15 rooms, Floating resort, Heritage hotel, Hotel and Motel, Spa health resort, Wellness resort, Tourist resort, Art gallery, Amusement park, etc.
Switch to Hindi