Bihar Switch to Hindi
All Gram Panchayats of Bihar Will Have Their Own Websites
Why in News?
- Recently, the State Panchayati Raj Department has approached Bihar State Electronics Development Corporation Limited (Beltron), National Informatics Centre (NIC) and other Central Government institutions to develop a comprehensive website for each Gram Panchayat.
- Bihar Panchayati Raj Minister Samrat Chaudhary said that the project to develop the website of all the 8387 gram panchayats will start after the department gets the quotations from various government agencies.
- The websites include all demographic details, places of historical importance, important institutions, apart from the details of the elected representatives of the region.
- The websites will be equipped with Management Information System (MIS) and Comprehensive Financial Management System (CFMS) to bring in greater accountability for funds spent on development and other activities in gram panchayats.
- All the elected representatives of gram panchayats and other office bearers will be trained to handle the websites.
Switch to Hindi