Why in News?
- On August 15, 2022, on the occasion of 75th anniversary of Independence, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami awarded Chief Minister Meritorious Service Medal for distinguished work to police officers and employees.
- Presented Chief Minister Meritorious Service Medal to Deputy Inspector General of Police Senthil Abudai Krishnaraj S, Sub-Inspector Rekha Danu, Kripal Singh and Chief Constable Ved Prakash Bhatt.
- The Chief Minister also presented the Chief Minister Meritorious Service Medal to the team of STF investigating the rigging of UKSSSC examination under the leadership of Senior Superintendent of Police Ajay Singh, in line with the zero tolerance policy on corruption.
- Senior Superintendent of Police STF Ajay Singh, Sub-Inspector Dilwar Singh, Narottam Bisht, Umesh Kumar and Vipin Bahuguna were awarded Chief Minister Meritorious Service Medal.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister honored the families of freedom fighters and also visited the photo exhibition.
Why in News?
- On August 13, 2022, in a ceremony organized by the Uttarakhand Sub Area Headquarters, the Governor of Uttarakhand, Lieutenant General Gurmeet Singh (Sen.) honored 13 Veer Naris and 12 ex-servicemen and military officers/present Army officers by presenting gallantry awards.
- During this, the Governor also visited the exhibition put up by the students and interacted with the soldiers, students, kin of the sacrificed soldiers and ex-servicemen.
- The Governor said that the dedication of the brave women towards nation building can never be forgotten. He said that it is a matter of great fortune that this program is being held at such a place, from where the country got a hero like Somnath Sharma, the first person to get Param Veer Chakra.
- The Governor suggested to the officers of the Sub Area Headquarters that like the Uttarakhand Sainik Welfare Board, they can also prepare a database by collecting the information of ex-servicemen, veterans and relatives of the sacrificers. Various welfare schemes are being run by the Uttarakhand government for the soldiers and brave women of the state.
- Gallantry awards were awarded to Sunita Bisht, Shanti Devi, Chitra Devi, Lakshmi Tomar, Rampyari, Urmila Devi, Anju Devi, Parvati Devi, Vimala Devi, Lata Devi, Sujata Thapa, Kiran, Anita Devi as Veer Naris.
- Ex-servicemen and military officers Pramod Chandra Bhardwaj, Major General Shamsher Singh, Commodore AK Sinha, Honorary Captain Khusing Gurung, Dal Bahadur Limbu, Devi Prasad, Subedar Bagh Singh and Subedar Major Veer Bahadur Pun (the honor was received by his son-in-law Lal Bahadur) were awarded gallantry award.
Switch to Hindi