Why in News
- On January 14, 2022, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare and MP of Morena, Narendra Singh Tomar said that the world famous Shani Dev temple situated on the picturesque hill of Aanti village of the district would be rejuvenated. The temple complex will be developed into a major religious and tourist center.
- Union Minister Tomar said that the development of the temple has been planned keeping this temple established at the national level as a major center of religious and tourism.
- Shani Sarovar and Shani Kund will be constructed along Shani Parikrama Marg to give a grand look to Shani Dev temple complex. The development of the temple is divided into two parts - one internal and the other external development.
- The internal development will be done within the temple premises in a state-of-the-art manner. Similarly, Parikrama Marg will be constructed in the external development. In this, apart from electricity, road connectivity, public facilities, shops and catering facilities will be provided in the Parikrama Marg, so that the devotees and tourists coming here do not face any kind of trouble.
- At present there are two parikrama paths of Shani temple. One is 6 km in radius, while the other parikrama route is 21 km long. There are other temples in the nearly 21 kilometer long parikrama route, which will also be renovated. Plantation work on both sides of the Parikrama Marg has also been included in the restoration plan.
- It is noteworthy that this Shani temple is counted among the ancient Shani temples of the country. Not only this, this temple also has religious importance, but due to lack of basic facilities, devotees coming here have to face many problems.
Switch to Hindi