Why in News?
- On August 9, 2022, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren and JMM supremo & Rajya Sabha MP Shibu Soren inaugurated the two-day Jharkhand Tribal Festival-2022 at Morhabadi, Ranchi, the capital of Jharkhand.
- Glimpses of rich tribal life philosophy have been shown in this Tribal Mahotsav-2022.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister said that if you want to save the forests and animals, then save the tribals. The land, culture and language determine the identity of the tribals. Their existence is threatened by that new definition of development, which involves cutting down forests to set up buildings and factories.
- JMM working president said that 'Marang Gomke Jaipal Singh Munda Pravasi Scholarship Scheme' has been started to send tribal students abroad for higher education. 'Guruji Credit Card Scheme' will soon be started for students who want to take loans to pursue education. Apart from this, work is going on to set up a tribal university.
- The Chief Minister announced that from now on every year on August 9, the tribal festival would be organized and demanded the central government to declare this day as a public holiday.
- Along with this, the Chief Minister announced that on the occasion of marriage and death of anyone in the tribal family, 100 kg rice and 10 kg pulse would be given to them, so that they would no longer have to take loan for the mass meal.
Switch to Hindi