Why in News?
- While giving information on 12th August, 2022, Haryana Police Spokesperson said that four personnel of Haryana Police were awarded 'Union Home Minister's Medal for Excellence in Investigation' in the year 2022 for maintaining high professional standards in investigation of crime related cases.
- Significantly, 28 women policemen are also included in the list of 151 policemen announced for the Union Home Minister's Medal 2022. The list includes 15 personnel from CBI, 5 from NIA, 11 from Maharashtra Police, 10 each from Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh Police, 8 each from Kerala, Rajasthan and West Bengal Police and the rest from other states.
- The spokesperson said that the 151 policemen from across the country who have been awarded this prestigious medal include Haryana Police Inspector Basant Kumar, Lady Sub-Inspector Suman Devi, Sub-Inspector Yogesh Kumar and Head Constable Gopal Chand.
- Haryana Director General of Police Prashant Kumar Agrawal, while congratulating the four Haryana Police personnel selected for excellence in investigation by the Union Home Ministry, said that the police officers who were decorated with prestigious medals made excellent contribution in the field of investigation through scientific investigation.
- It is worth mentioning that the medal was instituted in 2018 by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs with the objective of promoting high professional standards in crime investigation and recognition of such excellence in investigation by investigating officers.
- Under this, this medal is given to the policemen who have displayed honesty, devotion and extraordinary courage in work by setting high standards in the investigation of any crime.
- In 2018, the then Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh had started five Police Medals to encourage policemen. These include Special Operations Medal, Police Internal Security Service Medal, Extraordinary Efficiency Medal, Utkrisht and Ati Utkrisht Seva Medal and Medal of Excellence in Investigation.
Switch to Hindi